Tuesday 18 March 2008

Just chatting



This morning I was having a chat with a neighbour two doors down. Somewhere in the conversation I mentioned sewing and straight away her ears pricked up and she asked me whether I smocked. I've always loved smocking. My Grandmother Mars, did beautiful smocking for us when we were children, and even for my children she has done some pieces. I would love to give it a go, but at the moment my plate is full - overflowing really. So it will have to wait. Anyway, long winded I know, Vib said she had many smocking books from her mother that she would love to give to a good home. And a smocking pleater!
She arrived at my doorstep shortly after with her trolley laden with goods - a huge container full of smocking books, children's patterns from 1950's up, some Enid Gilchrist books, some sewing books, embroidery threads and a gorgeous button container with many, many vintage buttons all colour coded. I can't tell you how much my heart is singing at the moment. I'm excited!




2 comments:

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Oh my goodness, this is like you rubbed a genie lamp - and POOF! wooshka, how exciting!! Can you let Vib know I am into vintage jewels???

Anonymous said...

OMG, what a great chat....you just never know do you can't wait to see you love mexoxoxoxoxo