Friday 20 June 2008

Strawberries

Ripe, Ripe Strawberries

easy mornings, when the sunshine's just feeling its way into the sky. early morning smiles, open eyes wide and welcome the day. ah sweet sunshine, on my back as i learn to sew, warming my face as i hang out the washing - a candy coloured array, sunshine. like john denver sang - it makes me happy. as do ripe strawberries that burst with flavour, oozing, staining your best top - but who cares when life tastes like this?

©Alexandra Kentmann 2008


I love the use of words, a little bit of poetry each week. It puts the spring into my step - a little bit of quirk in my day. My sister wrote the above piece, she's clever. She writes for a living. Most weeks she posts on her blog Random Poetics. Little pieces of her life that she puts into words. This week was her 100th post so she's having a give away on her other blog - check it out - she has cool stuff ! Oh, yeah, you need to leave a comment - easy!

Speaking of strawberries, these are my favourite strawberry fabrics, some old, some new. I love them all.





2 comments:

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Aw shucks.

I love your strawberries. I almost bought you some strawberry fabric - but then I remembered you saying you don't like food on fabrics... How does this work ChoccyBangles?? Or are you referring to stains. Haw haw haw.
Thanks for the big ups to me.

Cathy said...

beautiful words. love the fabric - that's at Amitie too - the bottom ones - beautiful - just deciding which ones.