Sunday 20 April 2008

Heading North




The house is a flurry of organisation ( and a bit of quilting as I watch) as the boys prepare for their departure tomorrow morning on a 2 and a half week camping expedition. The boys are doing the driving bit right up to Karijini National Park - 1600kms from Perth. The girls (Phoebe and me) opted for the flight up. We will join them on Thursday in Tom Price. We will spend a couple of nights at Karijini and then we will trek across to Coral Bay, just south of Exmouth on the Ningaloo Reef. Thankfully I have the most organised husband I know and he does everything he can to ensure a 5 star camping experience (this boy did work for the Ritz Carlton hotel group for many years after all)!




Phoebe and I have 3 whole days of quietness - no rumbling, no hungry boys being bored, no playstation. My, what are we going to do? A whole lot of cleaning and quilting and preparing things to sew on a 2 week camping trip. Of course, we will miss our boisterous boys, lots!
Pink won as the background for the string pieced stars quilt and I am happily quilting it today. Hopefully to be finished and bound tonight. The other stars there are a quilt I started for Phoebe just after she was born. It will take me a long time as I usually only do this when there is no sewing machine around i.e. camping once a year. It is lots of 1930's prints and feedsacks. They are a whole lot of happiness and will have those duck egg blue hexagons between each star when it all happens.

1 comment:

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Oh gosh, that star quilt looks completely divine. I can't wait to see the end result!And the pinkie looks gorgeous.