Wednesday 20 February 2008

Yee ha!

Here is Henry's quilt. The top is so close to finished that I thought it was blogable! Why did this take me 18 months to complete? Nothing takes me 18mths to complete, except perhaps the handquilting of my hubby's quilt. But we won't talk about that. Anyway, he loves it so much that I heard him offer it to his brother for $40. No, he reallly does love it and really does not like waiting to be able to use it. So, I'm on the hunt for some type of red backing. I think it needs some more red.

Here is a close up of the block. It was quite a fun quilt to make. Sometimes my head would spin as I worked out my block sizes and measurements. Then I would doubt myself, go away for a couple of months and then come back, think bugger it and just cut into my fabrics. My measurements were fine but when you are working with triangular blocks, wooooo. And I quite like to iron the life out of my blocks, which is not too good for a triangle. Oh and working in sixteenths of an inch is tricky too. But i got there, triangles, iron, sixteenths and all! And that's only the top.

No comments: